Are you looking for a volunteering experience in the European Solidarity Corps?
Would you like to support vulnerable people and help promoting more active and inclusive communities?
Would you like to stay in Italy and learn a new language?
Cooperativa Margherita and Cooperativa L’Orsa Maggiore have some opportunities you might want to check out!
We are currently looking for 5 young (18-30) and motivated volunteers from Armenia, Albania, Germany and Spain to be included in the European Solidarity Corps project: “ACTIVEYOUTH – Activate inclusion through solidarity: a value to youth!”
ACTIVEYOUTH wants to foster the possibility of youngsters to be protagonists of their future experimenting new experiences and skills, growing autonomy and transferring this experience to peers and vulnerable people increasing the inclusion and participation in solidarity activities.
Volunteers will be engaged in social and cultural activities in support of people with disabilities and difficulties, and vulnerable youth and minors along one year.
They will promote the connection with other youth increasing the active participation and the intercultural exchange in another community. Furthermore, they will increase their social, linguistic and relational skills and they will acquire new competences in the field of educational and social work becoming active citizens and agents of social inclusion and solidarity, inspired by EU values and identity.
Some concrete examples of activities are related to the interactions with the users of L’ Orsa Maggiore and Margherita Centres/Apartments including people with disabilities, children and minors in need of special protection and/or with school difficulties, vulnerable youth and people (immigrants families, working difficulties). They include:
- Participation, music, cooking workshops;
- Projects/experiences on the territory as laboratories and cultural events;
- Social integration labs (recycled paper labs, carpentry labs, cultural visits, leisure activities);
- Expressive, cognitive and sensory-motor activities (painting, writing);
- Technical laboratories of informatics and communication;
- Social skills workshops
- Entertainment activities (theatre, cinema);
Other activities are addressed to support social and cultural events. This means concretely to collaborate to:
- Creating new integration opportunities (including activities at the social café “BarGherita” at Cooperativa Margherita);
- Co-design and implement public activities (workshops, courses, events, etc);
- Collaborate to the cultural, promotional and fundraising activities of the Cooperatives;
- Sensitize and promote topics concerning human rights and social issues;
We propose 5 long-term stays (12 months), 3 at Cooperativa Margherita and 2 at Cooperativa L’ Orsa Maggiore: from September/October 2020.
Places of the activities:
- Sandrigo, Province of Vicenza, Italy
- Malo, Province of Vicenza, Italy
If you have problems, or would you like to send more information, you can send your CV (European format) and Motivation letter (no more than one A4 page) in English at the following addresses:
- For Spanish applicants: email@example.com;
- For German applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com;
- For Armenian applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For Albanian applicants: email@example.com
Or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate in the email subject line “ESC – ACTIVEYOUTH” and explain in the motivation letter to which activities you are more interested in.
We are looking for young people:
- Interested and motivated in the project and its activities, the work carried out by Margherita and L’Orsa Maggiore organizations and the opportunity to spend time in Italy.
- Commitment toward volunteerism and solidarity.
- Motivated to contribute to more inclusive and active cities.
- Aware of EU mission, values and principles.
- Willingness to develop intercultural skills.
- Open-minded and flexible with a friendly attitude.
- Interested to enter in relationships with people in need.
- Prone to relate to others and to work in group.
The project and the call are aimed to select one volunteer facing fewer opportunities due to educational difficulties and social obstacles. Special measures to support them are going to be applied. For further information you can contact us at the email: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting application: 31st August 2020.
If you are willing to understand better the opportunity and related conditions give a look to the info-pack at the link below.