Are you looking for a volunteering experience? Would you like to help disadvantaged people and youth producing positive impacts at the community level? Would you like to stay in Italy and learn a new language?
Cooperativa Margherita has some opportunities you might want to check out!
We are currently looking for 3 young (17-30) and motivated EVS volunteers form UK/Ireland, Germany and France to be included in the project: “PLAY – Promote toLerance through creAtivitY: music as a push for social inclusion”.
Through the project the volunteers will have the opportunity to use music or artistic skills in general, to relate with disadvantaged/disabled people and to foster their social inclusion. Main activities for the volunteers will involve:
– The interaction between with the users of Margherita’s Centres. This means the participation of the volunteers in various activities in support of: disadvantaged and/or disabled people and youth, elderly with Alzheimer or other cognitive problems, children and minors in need of special protection and/or with disadvantaged backgrounds (including immigrants or descendant from immigrants families). Generally each volunteer focuses on one type of end-users (disabled people, children, etc.) but having the possibility to experiment also other activities. Main tasks/activities include:
- Animation activities in the territory (excursions, walks, etc.);
- Stimulation interventions and workshops (writing, reading, memory exercises, etc.);
- Participate in meetings with family members, caregivers, family assistants;
- Expressive, cognitive and sensory-motor activities (painting, writing, swimming);
- Social integration labs (recycled paper labs, cultural visits, leisure activities);
- Support for hygiene/personal care;
- Technical laboratories of informatics and communication;
- Social skills workshops (rules of behaviour, processing of moods);
- Territorial integration, in collaboration with other entities and associations;
- Evening entertainment (theatre, cinema);
- Climatic stays and excursions at the seaside or mountains;
– Supporting the Cooperative social and cultural activities. Margherita has new Headquarters with a café and new multifunctional rooms. The new Headquarters are intended as an open space to promote territorial animation and social initiatives directed to the citizens in general but focused also in attracting youth (including those with disadvantaged backgrounds). Moreover the Cooperative along the years is increasing its role of cultural centre. Thanks to this, the volunteers will be able to collaborate to:
- Help in the management of new the facilities, establishing a direct contact on the territory with the purpose of creating new integration opportunities;
- Co-design and implement public activities to involve, not only the users of the centers, but also youth and citizens (laboratories, courses, events, etc.);
- Collaborate to the cultural, promotional and fundraising activities of the Cooperative;
- Sensitize and promote topics concerning human rights and social issues;
- Support the management of “no-working” activities, i.e. the free-time within individual projects, etc.;
- Strength the links with the wider social environment.
We propose long-term stays (12 months) starting from September 2018.
Place of the activities: Sandrigo, Province of Vicenza, Italy
If you want to apply, send your CV (European format) and Motivation letter (no more than one A4 page) in English at the following adresses:
- For German applicant: email@example.com
- For French applicant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Irish and British applicant: email@example.com
Please, indicate in the email subject line “EVS at Cooperativa Margherita” and explain in the motivation letter to which activities you are more interested in.
We are looking for young people:
- Interested and motivated about the project and the opportunity to spend time in Italy;
- Commitment toward volunteerism as a way to help the others in an altruistic and genuine way;
- Interested in music and art in general and available to use it the the relation with disadvantaged people and in the promotion of their social inclusion;
- Interested in the work carried out by our Cooperative and social work in general;
- Predisposed to relate to others and to act in a work-group;
- Open-minded, friendly and flexible;
- Interested to enter into relationship with people in need;
- Willing to develop intercultural skills and promote EU values;
Deadline for submitting application: 30th June 2018.
If you are willing to understand better the opportunity and related conditions give a look to the info-pack at the link below.