Are you looking for a volunteering experience in the European Solidarity Corps?
Would you like to help disadvantaged people and youth producing positive impacts at the community level?
Would you like to stay in Italy and learn a new language?
Cooperativa Margherita has some opportunities you might want to check out!
We are currently looking for 3 young (17-30) and motivated volunteers form Armenia, Hungary and Greece to be included in the European Solidarity Corps project: “MYLES – MY Life-projEct iS our future”
MYLES wants to foster the possibility of youngsters to be actors of their future experimenting, and growing, autonomy, transferring this experience to peers and disadvantaged people, increasing the participation and engagement in solidarity activities.
Volunteers will participate in social and cultural activities in support of elderly people, disabled and disadvantaged youths along one year.
They will promote the connection of local youths, increase their social, linguistic and relational skilss, acqwuire new competences in the field of social work becoming active citizens and agents of solidarity and positive change, inspired by EU values and identity.
Some concrete exemples of activities are related to the interaction between with the users of Margherita’s Centres (disadvantaged and/or disabled people and youth, elderly with Alzheimer or other cognitive problems, children and minors in need of special protection and/or with disadvantaged backgrounds (including immigrants or descendant from immigrants families). They include:
- Animation activities in the territory (excursions, walks, etc.);
- Stimulation interventions and workshops (writing, reading, memory exercises, etc.);
- Participate in meetings with family members, caregivers, family assistants;
- Expressive, cognitive and sensory-motor activities (painting, writing, swimming);
- Social integration labs (recycled paper labs, cultural visits, leisure activities);
- Support for hygiene/personal care;
- Technical laboratories of informatics and communication;
- Social skills workshops (rules of behaviour, processing of moods);
- Territorial integration, in collaboration with other entities and associations;
- Evening entertainment (theatre, cinema);
- Climatic stays and excursions at the seaside or mountains;
Other activities are addressed to support social and cultural activities. This means concretely to collaborate to:
- Help in the management of new the facilities, establishing a direct contact on the territory with the purpose of creating new integration opportunities (including activities at the social cafè “BarGherita”);
- Co-design and implement public activities to involve, not only the users of the centers, but also youth and citizens (laboratories, courses, events, etc.);
- Collaborate to the cultural, promotional and fundraising activities of the Cooperative;
- Sensitize and promote topics concerning human rights and social issues;
- Support the management of “no-working” activities, i.e. the free-time within individual projects, etc.;
- Strength the links with the wider social environment.
We propose 3 long-term stays (12 months):
- 1 from January 2020
- 1 from February 2020
- 1 from July 202
Place of the activities: Sandrigo, Province of Vicenza, Italy
If you want to apply, you can do it directly through the European Solidarity Corps portal by clicking HERE.
If you have problems, or would like to send more information, you can send your CV (European format) and Motivation letter (no more than one A4 page) in English at the following addresses:
- For Hungarian applicants: email@example.com;
- For Greek applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- For Armenian applicants: email@example.com;
Or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate in the email subject line “ESC at Cooperativa Margherita” and explain in the motivation letter to which activities you are more interested in.
We are looking for young people:
- Interested and motivated int the project and its activities, the work carried out by Margherita and the opportunity to spend time in Italy.
- Commitment toward volunteerism and solidarity.
- Aware of ESC mission and principles and willing to share them.
- Willingness to develop intercultural skills and promote EU values.
- Open-minded, flexible and friendly.
- Prone to relate to others and to work in group.
- Interest to enter in relationship with people in need.
The project and the call are aimed two select one volunteer facing fewer opportunities due to educational difficulties and social obstacles. Special measures to support them are going to be applied. For further information you can contact us at the email: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting application: 15 December 2019.
If you are willing to understand better the opportunity and related conditions give a look to the info-pack at the link below