Location: Vélizy-Villacoublay (France), Region of Paris
Period: 01/10/2017 – 31/07/2018
Deadline: 15 March 2017
The BIJ (Bureau Information Jeunesse) is part of the national Youth information network (Information Jeunesse). In all, this network welcomes and informs more than 5 million young people each year in France. In Vélizy, the BIJ is attached to the municipal youth service, which performs activities with children between 11 and 17 living in the city. The BIJ and the Youth service are thus closely linked and cooperate a lot.
The BIJ also aims to develop the international relations of the city as part of its partnership with the Franco-German Youth Office (in French “OFAJ”), the European Program for Youngsters (ERASMUS+) and the twin-city-relationships with Dietzenbach (Germany), Harlow (United Kingdom) and the partnership agreement with Alytus (Lithuania).
The BIJ of Vélizy-Villacoublay was created in 1986 on the initiative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports. A safe anonymous place, open to all young people without personal appointment is proposed. Professionals trained specifically for youth information provide free access to information or a personal interview. The BIJ offers complete, impartial, practical and updated information about education, business, employment, training, health and practical life, sport, initiatives, European and international mobility.
The participation of the volunteer helps to boost projects related to youth information, the promotion of cultural diversity and the development of a European consciousness.
The volunteer’s main tasks at the BIJ will be:
- To lead English courses for children and young people (collégiens 11-14, lycéens 14-17, étudiants and jeunes actifs 17-30) playing games based on the knowledge of the language and the EU and the world in general. In all, the Wednesday afternoon, as well as the Tuesday and Thursday evening are dedicated to these courses making it the biggest regular task of the volunteer.
- To inform young people about mobility in Europe and other topics according to their interests
- To promote Erasmus+ and his experience of volunteering through actions / activities with schools and local associations where the volunteer will be invited to report his experience as a volunteer
- To create information tools such as articles, blog entries and other on the subject of youth information, volunteering and mobility in order to post it on the website of the town of Vélizy-Villacoublay dedicated to the youth (http://www.velyjeunes.fr ) and on the Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/velyjeunes?fref=ts )
- To carry out a personal project with the resources of the BIJ, the Service Jeunesse and other partners
Note: The BIJ in Vélizy-Villacoublay is not the coordinating organisation of the project but only the receiving organisation. The coordination is done by the Centre Information et Documentation de la Jeunesse (CIDJ) in Paris. Since they coordinate other volunteers in the Region of Paris as well, it is easily possible to cooperate with these volunteers. It is also very likely that the volunteer will be assigned to take part in youth information activities at the CIDJ in Paris.
Application procedure will be as follows:
Deadline for sending applications (Your CV and Cover letter): 15.3.2017
- Skype call
- Voilà! France is awaiting you!
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are interested in ERASMUS+ projects and you know basic French (it is not obligatory but it will help you to adapt quicker).
- You like working with children and adolescents this will help you as well.
- Finally, you should like chocolate and coffee but if you do not do so yet, France will teach you to 😉
- You’ve got a cool sense of humour and you can bear the fact that it’s not easy to become a Parisian in 9 months ;))
We are looking forward to your CV and motivation letter! Do not hesitate to send your application in any other format that suits you best, however a CV is always helpful to us. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us as well. Our e-mail address is mentioned above!