Are you looking for a volunteering experience? Would you like to help disadvantaged people and youth producing positive impacts at the community level? Would you like to stay in Italy and learn a new language?
Cooperativa Margherita has some opportunities you might want to check out!
We are currently looking for 3 young (17-30) and motivated EVS volunteers form UK/Ireland, Germany and France to be included in the project: “ROW – Rights Of Whom?”.
Through the project the volunteers will have the opportunity to relate with disadvantaged/disabled people and to promote and foster their social inclusion, as well as Human Rights and EU Common Values. Main activities for the volunteers will involve:
– The interaction between with the users of Margherita’s Centres. This means the participation of the volunteers in various activities in support of: disadvantaged and/or disabled people and youth, elderly with Alzheimer or other cognitive problems, children and minors in need of special protection and/or with disadvantaged backgrounds (including immigrants or descendant from immigrants families). Generally each volunteer focuses on one type of end-users (disabled people, children, etc.) but having the possibility to experiment also other activities. Main tasks/activities include:
- Animation activities in the territory (excursions, walks, etc.);
- Stimulation interventions and workshops (writing, reading, memory exercises, etc.);
- Participate in meetings with family members, caregivers, family assistants;
- Expressive, cognitive and sensory-motor activities (painting, writing, swimming);
- Social integration labs (recycled paper labs, cultural visits, leisure activities);
- Support for hygiene/personal care;
- Technical laboratories of informatics and communication;
- Social skills workshops (rules of behaviour, processing of moods);
- Territorial integration, in collaboration with other entities and associations;
- Evening entertainment (theatre, cinema);
- Climatic stays and excursions at the seaside or mountains;
– Supporting the Cooperative social and cultural activities. Margherita has new Headquarters with a café and new multifunctional rooms. The new Headquarters are intended as an open space to promote territorial animation and social initiatives directed to the citizens in general but focused also in attracting youth (including those with disadvantaged backgrounds). Moreover the Cooperative along the years is increasing its role of cultural centre. Thanks to this, the volunteers will be able to collaborate to:
- Help in the management of new the facilities, establishing a direct contact on the territory with the purpose of creating new integration opportunities;
- Co-design and implement public activities to involve, not only the users of the centers, but also youth and citizens (laboratories, courses, events, etc.);
- Collaborate to the cultural, promotional and fundraising activities of the Cooperative;
- Sensitize and promote topics concerning human rights and social issues;
- Support the management of “no-working” activities, i.e. the free-time within individual projects, etc.;
- Strength the links with the wider social environment.
We propose long-term stays (12 months) starting from September 2019.
Place of the activities: Sandrigo, Province of Vicenza, Italy
If you want to apply, you can do it directly through the European Solidarity Corps portal by clicking HERE.
If you have problems, or would like to send more information, you can send your CV (European format) and Motivation letter (no more than one A4 page) in English at the following addresses:
- For German applicant: email@example.com
- For French applicant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Irish and British applicant: email@example.com
Please, indicate in the email subject line “ESC at Cooperativa Margherita” and explain in the motivation letter to which activities you are more interested in.
We are looking for young people:
- Interested and motivated int the project and its activities, the work carried out by Margherita and the opportunity to spend time in Italy.
- Commitment toward volunteerism and solidarity.
- Aware of ESC mission and principles and willing to share them.
- Willingness to develop intercultural skills and promote EU values.
- Open-minded, flexible and friendly.
- Prone to relate to others and to work in group.
- Interest to enter in relationship with people in need.
The project and the call are aimed two select two volunteers/young people facing fewer opportunities due to educational difficulties and social obstacles. Special measures to support them are going to be applied. For further information you can contact us at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submitting application: 15 August 2019.
If you are willing to understand better the opportunity and related conditions give a look to the info-pack at the link belowD